La Marquesa Golf Villa Booking Conditions
We are committed to a policy of service to our clients and every effort is made to ensure that you have an enjoyable holiday.
1. Making your Reservation: Reservations (and checking of availability/prices) can be made at any time up to 9 p.m. by calling 01273 559303. Verbal reservations will only be held for a period of 5 days. To secure your booking, please complete a booking form and send it to Mrs P Howarth, 385 Ditchling Road, Brighton, E Sussex BN1 6NF, together with your deposit. (for further information re payments, please see no.3 below).
2. No Surcharge Guarantee: Your villa price is guaranteed and will not be subject to surcharges. Whilst we reserve the right to alter our prices at any time before you book, the price shown on your invoice will not be increased unless you make amendments to your requirements after you have booked.
3. Booking and Payment:
a) The person making the booking is the person responsible for all payments. Your booking will be confirmed on receipt of the booking form together with payment of a deposit of £50 per week.
b) It is a condition of booking that you are adequately insured for your holiday. Clients should make their own arrangements concerning this. However, they are strongly advised to make sure that the policy taken out meets their own particular requirements.
c) Verbal reservations will be held for a period of 5 days. If a booking form with deposit is not received at the end of that period, we reserve the right to cancel the reservation and we cannot be held responsible if the villa is not available.
d) The full balance of the holiday price is due 8 weeks before departure. If the balance is not received by then, we reserve the right to cancel the booking and you may be liable to cancellation charges.
4. Breakages etc: A deposit of £50 must be forwarded with your payment at No.3 (d) above to cover breakage/loss/damage during your stay. Upon satisfactory inspection of the villa, this will then be refunded after your holiday. (Please allow up to 7 days for return) Any breakage/loss/damage should be reported to the local representative and it would be helpful if small items could be replaced as and when breakages etc occur. If this has not been possible, the cost of the breakage/loss/damage will be deducted from your deposit and the balance (if any) refunded. N.B. We ask that the villa be left in a reasonable condition. However, should any additional cleaning be required over and above what could reasonably be expected, an additional charge will be made, which will be deducted from this deposit.
5. Late Bookings: For all bookings made within 8 weeks of departure, the full amount of the holiday price is required with the booking form.
6. Cancellation by you: If you wish to cancel your holiday booking this must be done in writing and sent to us by recorded delivery. For full or part cancellation, the following charges apply, (if the reason for cancellation is within the terms of your insurance then you may find that these cancellation charges will be refunded by your insurer):
|Period before departure that notice is given
|Cancellation charge as a percentage of the holiday cost
|More than 42 days
|Loss of deposit
|14 days- departure day
7. If we cancel your holiday: It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes or cancel your holiday. If a significant change or cancellation has to be made to your holiday arrangements we will notify you as soon as possible. You may then (a) accept the changed arrangements or (b) cancel your booking, in which case we will refund to you all monies paid by you. Please be advised that we are not responsible for any cancellation or administration charges involved with your travel arrangements.
8. Accommodation: The accommodation booked is reserved exclusively for the persons named on the booking form. Subletting or assignment or sharing is not permitted.
9. We reserve the right to terminate without notice the holiday of any whose conduct or behaviour is causing damage or annoyance to property or persons. In such instance we will be under no further liability to provide any further part of that person’s holiday arrangements or for any costs incurred by that person as a result of doing so.
10. Flights: It is important to notify us of your flight details so that we can ensure the villa is properly serviced before your arrival. The villa will normally be available from 2 p.m. on the day of arrival and should normally be vacated by 10 a.m. on the day of departure.
11. If you have a problem or complaint: It should be noted that where Peggy Howarth is acting only to arrange the booking on behalf of the owner she cannot accept responsibility for the accommodation. If you have a problem/complaint during your stay it is important that you contact the local representative so that matters can be resolved as quickly as possible. If the problem cannot be rectified there and then, please telephone Peggy Howarth in the UK (00 44 1273 559303). In the unlikely event that things cannot be resolved locally you must follow up the complaint within 28 days of your return by writing to Peggy Howarth, quoting your booking reference number and giving relevant details of the complaint. Peggy will then forward the details to the owner. Peggy Howarth will do her best to help resolve any justifiable complaints regarding the accommodation. However, it is the client's responsibility to take up the complaint with the owner if she, as agent, is unable to resolve the matter. It is hoped that all complaints can be solved amicably. No complaints will be taken up that are received outside the 28 day period.
12. Liability: The owner of the property does not accept liability to any person or member of a holiday booking for any loss or damage to property however caused, nor for the loss or theft of property or money.
This contract incorporating these booking conditions is governed by the law of the United Kingdom and both parties submit themselves to the jurisdiction of English courts.